DAAD, as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
Postdoctoral Fellowships in Germany For Former DAAD In-Region / In-Country Scholarship Holders from Sub-Saharan Africa – Fellowship Announcement –
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to post-doctoral researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa to conduct, under the guidance of their host institutions, cooperative research at a German university or other research institutions. The programme is designed to augment opportunities for researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa. Please note that short term visits for study and training purposes or for attending conferences are not eligible for sponsorship. DAAD is offering approximately 10 fellowships in 2012.
Applicants have to
• be alumni of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) within the “In-Region / In-Country Scholarship Programme”.
• have completed their Ph.D. degree less than six years ago.
• hold an academic position at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• submit an invitation from a German host institution together with a research plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher in Germany. (please note: DAAD does not find or introduce host institutions.)
• be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
Applicants will be required to use the link: http://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/en/deutschland/form… to apply for this programme. (To complete the form: Please tick “other programmes” on page 1, page 4 and 5do not apply here!)
Documents to be submitted
• Green DAAD application form, duly filled and signed.
• Hand-signed Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including list of publications.
• Research proposal including detailed time and work plan.
• Confirmation from a German professor stating that he/she will host the applicant during the stay.
• 2 recommendation letters of academic referees.
• PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
• Master’s certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
Applications should be sent via e-mail directly to the respective contacts stated below.
Angela Helfer: email@example.com (In-Country: Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe; In-Region: 2iE, PTCI Burkina Faso, IMSP, Benin, IWM, Kenya)